Students are encouraged to participate in our extra-curricular programme which includes a diverse range of sporting, cultural and academic enrichment opportunities. We believe that these opportunities and experiences enrich students' educational experience and ensure they will leave us with the skills to be successful in today's world.
The school's 3Rs values and the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of people of all faiths, races and cultures are embodied within our curriculum.
These values are promoted explicitly within our ICE programme (Identity, Culture and Ethics) where students are encouraged to:
- Develop their understanding of the law and morality
- Understand the impact of actions on others, developing responsibility
- Develop empathy and understanding of others and their beliefs and views
- Develop an appreciation of their own and other cultures, promoting respect and tolerance
- Understand the importance of identifying and challenging discrimination in all forms
- Respect the views and opinions of everyone
Our Departmental curriculum intent statements are linked to the four key areas of school improvement and are embedded in the Departmental websites.
We have an extensive programme of Enrichment activities as well as a range of intervention classes and programmes running at the end of the school day. These programmes are communicated to parents on a regular basis.
Please contact Mr David Roberts, Assistant Head Teacher, with any queries relating to the school curriculum (email@example.com)